Monday, October 30, 2006

Eh, siao eh, got a probrem lah.......

The title of this post is probably the Singapore version of what we usually say

"Houston we have a problem!"

And that spelling error in the title is deliberate. wahaha..

So what's the problem? ('si mi tai ji!') ok, I should seriously cut down on the singlish and the hokkein and get right straight to the point, shouldn't I?

The thing is that I just sat for my basic organic chemistry test a few moments ago. Notice the word 'basic' in bold and italics. ok, maybe what they meant by 'basic' was that we won't go too deep into the concepts and the syllabus. Fair enough. But 'basic' doesn't mean 'little to study'. That's a total misconception. Lesson learnt? I hope so.

yep, so I sat for that paper just now. For you folks out there who don't know, I have been spending a lot of time studying for this test. Yes, a lot of time. I have been sleeping at four am for the past two nights. And it has been like almost nothing but basic organic chemistry, basic organic chemistry, basic organic chemistry. haha..like chionging anime like that, but there is a huge difference in the entertainment level. What does you expect me to say to a carbocation intermediate? ('Hey! You are so positive!!' ????) yep, a carbocation intermediate is positively charged. Hope you guys get the joke. :D

The test was quite a disaster. I didn't know how to answer a few questions and I think that's some considerable amount of marks gone down into the bin.

Actually, I should have done up my notes for this module as the lectures go by. But I didn't because I thought of leaving it to when I am preparing for a test. And the lecturer taught very fast. oh man, that's not an excuse. I know... hmmm...I guess the procrastination did finally caught up with me. Was busy preparing the notes during the past few days when I should be practising and doing questions and applying the knowledge.

haiz. No point crying over split milk. Got to pick up the pieces and move on! Yeah! And I am thankful that God has brought me through thus far in the preparation. There were times where I was really intimidated by the amount of stuff to study. There were times where I was angry. I mean, how can they expect us to study so many things for the test?! Ridiculous! But I guess the only person being ridiculous here is me. yep, and I think God, in His wonderful ways, brought me through the preparation and the test and I am still alive and kicking (typing now). And considering how much I have not been spending time with Him, He has been very very gracious towards me. I give thanks to God!! :D

I think I need a very very short break. Just to take a breather. But not too long a break. Just enough to relax a bit and then I have got to embark on another series of preparation for other tests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home